New Year’s Eve Sensory Tips – we know sometimes on New Year’s Eve, some families have a tradition where they set off some fireworks to see in the New Year. However, fireworks can be an unexpected stress problem for our children with sensory processing issues.
Here are some ideas to combat the difficulties this evening may bring:
* Talk about fireworks (plan ahead)
* Watch the television with the volume at a tolerable level
* At bedtime, use a weighted blanket (adhere to OT advice)
* Use ear defenders (if during the day)
* Play music in your child’s bedroom
* Watch for triggers to prevent meltdowns
* Have a bath and warm milky drink before bedtime
We truly hope you have a lovely evening and your children sleep soundly.
Other New Year’s Eve sensory tips
Heavy work activities
Check out our Facebook page (search for calming or heavy work activities:
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.