One of our therapists has been trained in the S.O.S approach to feeding. Our workshop looks at picky eaters versus problem feeders. It is a transdisiplinary programme for assessing and treating children with feeding difficulties and weight/growth problems from birth to 18 years using an SI approach.
How can this help?
It integrates posture, sensory, motor, behavioural/learning, medical and nutritional factors to comprehensively evaluate an manage children with feeding/growth problems.
What are the objectives of the treatment?
* Identify oral, sensory, motor, cognitive and emotional developmental milestones in relation to feeding
* Recognise/describe the reasons why your child will not eat
* Identify physical, behavioural, motor, oral motor and sensory factors
* Apply principles and desensitise ready for feeding
* Create/implement an SI feeding programme for your child
However for an assessment and treatment our therapist can use the SOS approach to help your child.
If you would like more information please contact our office on 01325 304411 or leave a comment on this post.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.