Tree Tops is a children’s Occupational Therapy service based in Newton Aycliffe and Stockton. We are a small team of therapists and administration staff, offering therapeutic interventions to children with sensory processing difficulties and other developmental disorders.
We are looking to appoint an Occupational Therapy Assistant /Clinical Coordinator to join us in our busy clinic and help further develop our services to families, education, and health.
This individual needs to be highly organised and meticulous with a background of working either in a school or healthcare setting, who can work both independently and as part of a professional group. A friendly, warm, empathetic approach with excellent communication skills is vital, as you will be dealing directly with families and children. Ideally, the post would suit an experienced Teaching Assistant as we work closely with schools and with a range of developmental disorders.
Key duties are:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the clinical planning and implementation in both our clinics
- Working with both therapy and administrative teams
- Directly liaising with parents/carers and other Local Authority or health organisations to ensure the most appropriate assessment package is allocated.
- Maintaining standards in both clinics to ensure treatment /assessment sessions are organised and time manged
- Carrying out occupational therapy interventions with children, both independently and alongside OT’s in clinic and schools
The role will offer training in relation to sensory processing and related treatment topics, with the potential to develop.
- Positive approach to working with children and the ability to motivate, inspire and build rapport
- A strong regard for children’s safety and wellbeing
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with children and parents
- Excellent team working skills for working with all therapy, office staff, and external agencies
- A flexible approach to work
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring scheme check at an enhanced level.
Please email Dawn (Business Administrator) for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.